Associazione Kora and Omphalos LGBTI are currently looking for 10 volunteers from France, Greece and Poland for a short term group EVS project. The project is part of a three years volunteering partnership project, funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Commission, called “European Solidarity Voices”.
Where: Perugia, Italy
When: 6 May to 6 June 2019
Who: volunteers from France, Greece and Poland aged 18-30
Deadline: 3 March 2019
Festival website: http://www.perugiapride.it/
Festival Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/perugiapride/
Omphalos LGBTI is a 25 years old association that acts as reference point for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex community in Perugia and Umbria. Omphalos works to support LGBTI rights for a more inclusive and welcoming region for all. It organises recreational and cultural evenings, free services such as a Listening Center, free HIV tests, a legal help desk, an anti-violence desk for lesbian and bisexual women, a documentation center and much more. Every June, Omphalos organises Perugia Pride, a festival that consists in a series of events leading to the final weekend that ends with a colourful march for LGBTI and minorities rights.
Volunteers will support the staff of the association in the following activities:
- Events organisation and logistics (workshops, talks, conferences, art and photo exhibitions, concerts, books presentations…)
- Decoration (painting, sculpting, decorating panels and trucks for the parade, make up and costumes)
- Communication (graphics, flyers, website, social media)
- Photo and video documentation
Food and accommodation will be covered by the European Commission; volunteers will have a health insurance, travel reimbursement from their country up until 275 €, pocket money (5 euro per day) and Italian language sessions.
Volunteers will be accommodated in the city, in a fully equipped flat or hosted by local families, and they will share rooms.
They will receive a food allowance to manage their own meals.
The ideal profile matches the following criteria:
- Available for the whole duration of the project (6 May – 6 June 2019)
- 18 – 30 years old
- Interested in LGBT topics, gender equality, minorities rights
- Strong motivation, adaptation and enthusiasm
- Experience in the activities and/or studies in the topics are welcome but not necessary
- Basic level of English
How to apply