Associazione Kora is currently looking for partners to submit the youth exchange “Food for Inclusion” by February deadline.
Where: Passignano sul Trasimeno, Italy
When: 7-17 October 2017
Topic: The project will give the participants the opportunity to confront migration-related issues in contemporary Europe and to develop social inclusion and tolerance. Participants will reflect and discuss the topic of migration and intercultural dialogue, regarding both European citizens that move to other European countries (for example to find a job) and non-European citizens that move to Europe for different reasons. Participants will explore different cultures and backgrounds through food, used as a tool to share traditions and learn new things.
Activities: Kitchen classes and workshops from all the participating countries, debates, non formal education activities, visits to cultural attractions, intercultural presentations and dinners.
Participants: 4 participants aged 18-25 from each of the 7 participating countries, half of them of different nationality from the partner country; 1 group leader for each of the 7 participating countries (35 persons in total).
Accommodation: Participants will be hosted for the whole duration of the Youth Exchange in the educational farm “La Buona Terra”, www.buonaterra.org, and will visit cultural attractions in the surroundings. They will share bedrooms and live in close contact with nature in a rural area, where the closest town with facilities is 20 minutes walking.
- Be able to send 1 group leader for the Advanced Planning Visit that will take place in Italy for 2 days in September or October 2017
- Be able to send 1 group leader + 4 participants for the Youth Exchange (7-17 October 2017)
- Be able to compose a group which is half of the nationality of their country and half of different nationals living in the partner country
- Be active and participative in suggesting intercultural activities
- Working in intercultural topics and migration is not necessary but preferable.
To apply as a partner organisation, please fill in the application form available at this link before January 12, 2017.